from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Seniority; the state or condition of being older.
- n. The position or office of being an elder.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being older; seniority.
- n. Office of an elder; collectively, a body of elders.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Seniority; the state of being older.
- n. The office of an elder: as, he was elected to the eldership.
- n. A body or an order of elders.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the office of elder
From elder + -ship. (Wiktionary)