from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who is from a foreign country or place.
- n. One who is from outside a particular group or community; an outsider.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from a foreign country.
- n. A private job run by an employee at a trade factory rather than going through the business.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person belonging to or owning allegiance to a foreign country; one not native in the country or jurisdiction under consideration, or not naturalized there; an alien; a stranger.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person born or domiciled in a foreign country, or outside of the country or jurisdiction referred to; an alien.
- n. One who does not belong to a certain class, association, society, etc.; an outsider.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who is excluded from or is not a member of a group
- n. a person who comes from a foreign country; someone who does not owe allegiance to your country
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The term foreigner is used to refer to al - Qaeda associated operatives of Arab and Central Asian origin.
The term foreigner is locally used for al-Qaeda-linked militants of Arab and Central Asian origin.
In that case, marrying a foreigner is a privilege granted by the government.
If it's an emergency, they can start tapping and days later provide "probable cause" that the foreigner is a foreigner to the secret court.
For companies already incorporated in Mexico, a plain copy of the Corporate Charter and of the minutes of the shareholders 'meeting must be included, in which the increase of capital or, as in this case, the acquisition of the shares by a foreigner is acknowledged.
To be solved, the murder and torture of an elderly couple in an isolated farmhouse and the subsequent racially motivated crime that starts to spread when the old lady's dying word, 'foreigner', is leaked to the press.
The term foreigner is used to refer to al - Qaeda associated operatives of Arab and Central Asian origin. "
A foreigner from the United States of America is an estadounidense.
If I'm speaking English, any foreigner is just that: a foreigner.
If I'm speaking Spanish, any foreigner is an extranjero (a).
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.