American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One who is from a foreign country or place.
- n. One who is from outside a particular group or community; an outsider.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person born or domiciled in a foreign country, or outside of the country or jurisdiction referred to; an alien.
- n. One who does not belong to a certain class, association, society, etc.; an outsider.
- n. A person from a foreign country.
- n. A private job run by an employee at a trade factory rather than going through the business.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A person belonging to or owning allegiance to a foreign country; one not native in the country or jurisdiction under consideration, or not naturalized there; an alien; a stranger.
- n. someone who is excluded from or is not a member of a group
- n. a person who comes from a foreign country; someone who does not owe allegiance to your country
“The term foreigner is used to refer to al - Qaeda associated operatives of Arab and Central Asian origin.”
“The term foreigner is locally used for al-Qaeda-linked militants of Arab and Central Asian origin.”
“In that case, marrying a foreigner is a privilege granted by the government.”
“If it's an emergency, they can start tapping and days later provide "probable cause" that the foreigner is a foreigner to the secret court.”
“For companies already incorporated in Mexico, a plain copy of the Corporate Charter and of the minutes of the shareholders 'meeting must be included, in which the increase of capital or, as in this case, the acquisition of the shares by a foreigner is acknowledged.”
“To be solved, the murder and torture of an elderly couple in an isolated farmhouse and the subsequent racially motivated crime that starts to spread when the old lady's dying word, 'foreigner', is leaked to the press.”
“The term foreigner is used to refer to al - Qaeda associated operatives of Arab and Central Asian origin. ”
“A foreigner from the United States of America is an estadounidense.”
“If I'm speaking English, any foreigner is just that: a foreigner.”
“If I'm speaking Spanish, any foreigner is an extranjero (a).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘foreigner’.
Band names that are also common words or phrases.
i suppose, all of the words & phrases yoni wolf uses in alopecia, that i love.
Very basic words for ESL students.
Character sketches: people in words.
Looking for tweets for foreigner.