from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who is from a foreign country or place.
- n. One who is from outside a particular group or community; an outsider.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from a foreign country.
- n. A private job run by an employee at a trade factory rather than going through the business.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person belonging to or owning allegiance to a foreign country; one not native in the country or jurisdiction under consideration, or not naturalized there; an alien; a stranger.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person born or domiciled in a foreign country, or outside of the country or jurisdiction referred to; an alien.
- n. One who does not belong to a certain class, association, society, etc.; an outsider.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who is excluded from or is not a member of a group
- n. a person who comes from a foreign country; someone who does not owe allegiance to your country
Sorry, no etymologies found.