from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The attitude, state of mind, or behavior characteristic of a bigot; intolerance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Intolerance or prejudice, especially religious or racial; discrimination (against); the characteristic qualities of a bigot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of mind of a bigot; obstinate and unreasoning attachment of one's own belief and opinions, with narrow-minded intolerance of beliefs opposed to them.
- n. The practice or tenets of a bigot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or mode of thought of a bigot; obstinate and unreasonable attachment to a particular creed, opinion, practice, ritual, or party organization; excessive zeal or warmth in favor of a party, sect, or opinion; intolerance of the opinions of others.
- n. Synonyms Credulity, Fanaticism, etc. (see superstition), narrow-mindedness, prejudice, intolerance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the intolerance and prejudice of a bigot
From French bigoterie, from bigot. (Wiktionary)