from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being intolerant; lack of tolerance.
- n. Medicine Extreme sensitivity or allergy to a drug, food, or other substance: lactose intolerance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being intolerant
- n. An intolerant word or action
- n. extreme sensitivity to a food or drug; allergy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Lack of capacity to endure.
- n. The quality of being intolerant; refusal to allow to others the enjoyment of their opinions, chosen modes of worship, and the like; lack of patience and forbearance; illiberality; bigotry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being intolerant; incapacity or indisposition to bear or endure; non-endurance: as, intolerance of heat or cold.
- n. Lack of toleration; indisposition to tolerate contrary opinions or beliefs; bigoted opposition or resistance to dissent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. unwillingness to recognize and respect differences in opinions or beliefs
- n. impatience with annoyances
Sorry, no etymologies found.