from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
- n. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.
- n. The belief that one race is superior to all others.
- n. Prejudice or discrimination based upon race.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race
- n. the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races
From French racisme. (Wiktionary)