from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Fear of or contempt for lesbians and gay men.
- n. Behavior based on such a feeling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Fear, dislike, or hate of homosexuals.
- n. A pathological fear of mankind.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A strong dislike or fear of homosexuals, especially to an unreasonable degree.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. prejudice against (fear or dislike of) homosexual people and homosexuality
homo(sexual) + -phobia.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
homo (from homosexual) + -phobia, coined in 1971 by George Weinberg in Society and the Healthy Homosexual. (Wiktionary)
Latin homo ("man") + phobia ("fear") (Wiktionary)