from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a physical thing that typifies an abstract thing; an embodiment or personalization
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. attributing to outside causes.
- n. embodying in an outward form.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of externalizing; the fact or condition of being externalized, made objective or real in space and time, or embodied; embodiment. Also externalisation.
- n. That process by which a phenomenon of sensation is referred to a point in the space surrounding the body: in contradistinction to localization, by which the phenomenon is referred to some part of the body.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. embodying in an outward form
- n. attributing to outside causes
Sorry, no etymologies found.