from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or state of being pertinacious: "Again and again ... with the inexorable pertinacity of a child ... did he renew his efforts” ( Nathaniel Hawthorne).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or characteristic of being pertinacious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being pertinacious; obstinacy; perseverance; persistency.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being pertinacious; resoulute or unyieding adherence, as to an opinion, purpose, design, course of action, etc.; persistency; obstinacy; resoluteness: as, to cling with pertinacity to one's purpose.
- n. Synonyms See pertinacious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. persistent determination
Sorry, no etymologies found.