from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being hardy, especially (of a plant) of being resistant to cold or other environmental conditions.
- n. hardihood; boldness; firmness; assurance
- n. hardship; fatigue
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Capability of endurance.
- n. Hardihood; boldness; firmness; assurance.
- n. Hardship; fatigue.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Capability of endurance; physical vigor.
- n. Hardihood; audacity; effrontery.
- n. Hardness.
- n. Hardship; suffering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of being strong and healthy in constitution
- n. the trait of being willing to undertake things that involve risk or danger
hardy + -ness (Wiktionary)