from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Willfulness, especially in satisfying one's own desires or adhering to one's own opinions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being willful and ignoring opposition.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One's own will, esp. when opposed to that of others; obstinacy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One's own will; obstinate or perverse insistence one one's own will or wishes; wilfulness; obstinacy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. resolute adherence to your own ideas or desires
- n. the trait of resolutely controlling your own behavior
self- + will (Wiktionary)