American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A movie photographer, especially one who is in charge of shooting a movie.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who uses a cinematograph. Also kinematographer.
- n. cinematography a photographer who operates a movie camera, or who oversees the operations of the cameras and lighting when making a film
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who takes motion pictures with a movie camera, especially one expert in the art.
- n. one who exhibits motion pictures; an operator of a motion picture projector; a projectionist.
- n. a photographer who operates a movie camera
- cinematography + -er (Wiktionary)
“He also praises it as much as the others before, saying that the result of Steven Soderbergh's work as director, editor, and cinematographer is "expressive, innovative, striking, exciting.”
“The camera work by the cinematographer is first rate, and the film goes over many standard Hitchcock themes such as voyeurism - especially apt in this cyberworld of 24/7 voyeurism.”
“The man who will shoot the video is Aravind Krishna, a young cinematographer from the Tamil film industry.”
“The cinematographer was the estimable Paul Sarossy.”
“The executive producer of Splice is the Mexican director Guillermo del Toro, whose Pan's Labyrinth is arguably the most original horror movie of this century, and the cinematographer is the Japanese-trained Tetsuo Nagata, who did a fine job on the Piaf biopic La vie en rose.”
“The cinematographer was the excellent Rodrigo Prieto.”
“As the camera the cinematographer is the gifted Andrew Reed moves around the table from one to the other, the warm light brightens their faces, pulling them out of the dark and toward shared discovery.”
“St. Leger, who has a background in TV commercials, and Mather, best known as a cinematographer, sprang to attention with their technically cutting-edge digital short "Prey Alone," a manhunt thriller.”
“Best known as a cinematographer, Gu gained international fame with his directorial debut, winning the Silver Bear at the Berlin International Film Festival in 2005 for his epic”
“Rationally speaking, one cannot rule out the revival of pluralism, where many film Aaja Nachle, is better known as the cinematographer of Veer-Zaara, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, Lagaan, Kal Ho Naa Ho, and Hum”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cinematographer’.
different kind of artists.. any kind (general or specific types).
No one ever says, "I want to be a somnambulist when I grow up." But don't let that get in the way of organizing your Wordie lists.
what I am, intend, or wish to be.
Me, I like them. :]
Looking for tweets for cinematographer.