from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An expert in phonetics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who specializes in the study of speech sounds and their representation by written symbols.
- n. A dialectologist; a person who studies regional differences in speech sounds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One versed in phonetics; a phonetist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is versed in or is a student of phonetics.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a specialist in phonetics
Sorry, no etymologies found.