from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A specialist in etymology.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lexicographer or linguist who specializes in etymology (the origins of words)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who investigates the derivation of words.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One versed in etymology; one who specially studies, teaches, or writes the history of words; a historian of words.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a lexicographer who specializes in etymology
Sorry, no etymologies found.