from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A specialist in orthoepy, especially one of a number of 16th- and 17th-century scholars who proposed reforms of English spelling so that it would more systematically reflect pronunciation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who studies the way words are pronounced
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who is skilled in orthoëpy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is skilled in orthoëpy; one who writes on orthoëpy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a practitioner of orthoepy (especially one of the 17th or 18th century scholars who proposed to reform English spelling so it would reflect pronunciation more closely)
Sorry, no etymologies found.