from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process or work of writing, editing, or compiling a dictionary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The art or craft of compiling, writing and editing dictionaries.
- n. The scholarly discipline of analyzing and describing the semantic, syntagmatic and paradigmatic relationships within the lexicon (vocabulary) of a language and developing theories of dictionary components and structures linking the data in dictionaries.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art, process, or occupation of making a lexicon or dictionary; the principles which are applied in making dictionaries.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art or science of compiling lexicons or wordbooks; the scientific exposition of the forms, pronunciation, signification, and history of words.
- n. The act or process of making a dictionary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of writing dictionaries
lexico(n) + -graphy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
lexico- + -graphy (Wiktionary)