from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bowling game in which nine wooden pins are the target.
- n. A wooden pin used in the game of ninepins.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The wooden pin used in the game of ninepins; a skittle
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a bowling pin of the type used in ninepins (or (in England) skittles).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bowling pin of the type used in playing ninepins or (in England) skittles
Sorry, no etymologies found.