from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of the origins of names; onomastics.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science of names or of their classification.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The branch of science which relates to the rules to be observed in the formation of names or terms.
- n. The distinctive vocabulary used in any particular branch of study.
- n. A discourse or treatise on names, or the history of the names of persons.
Sorry, no etymologies found.