from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The compilation of glosses or glossaries.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The writing of glossaries or glosses.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The writing of glossaries, glosses, or comments for illustrating an author.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The writing of glosses or explanatory comments on a text.
- n. In anatomy, a description of the tongue.—
- n. A description and grouping of languages.
gloss + -ography (Wiktionary)
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.