from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having an extreme dedication to a certain activity; diehard.
- adj. Particularly intense; thrillingly dangerous or erratic; desirably violent in appearance; pleasing or "cool" due to intensity or danger.
- adj. Resistant to change.
- adj. Obscene or explicit.
- adj. Of or pertaining to pornography that depicts penetration.
- adj. Faster or more intense than the regular style.
- n. broken bricks, stone and/or other aggregate used as foundations especially in road and path laying.
- n. gangster rap, or thicker, heavier and faster punk or electronic music.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. intensely loyal
- adj. extremely explicit
Sorry, no etymologies found.
If you're new and wondering what it is that makes this game worthy of the label hardcore, then you should know this is in no way a pick-up-and-play product.
Until the end of last generation the term hardcore gamer didn't really exist, and it seems to have been coined by an elitist group who can't really see past the end of their dual analog sticks.
It was a creative time, Mr. Ottolenghi said, and many of what he calls "hardcore Ottolenghi dishes"—like char-grilled broccoli, cheddar-cheese corn bread and marinated aubergine with tahini and oregano—were invented in those early days.
Cigarettes, alcohol and nude bodies everywhere - that's what we call hardcore partying
He turned into what he describes as a hardcore entrepreneur after being involved in several other small startups.
Cigarettes, alcohol and nude bodies everywhere - that's what we call hardcore partying You've probably never been to a party like this!
He plays bass in 2 "hardcore" bands (in quotes because I call it hardcore ... he calls it something else).
I grew up in hardcore hunting family and have hunted whitetails in WI from the first legal day that I could until now.
They were gone everywhere, even in hardcore Republican areas. tepcmu says:
Bigfoot often hangs out in hardcore biker bars - he blends right in!
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.