from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A popular urban youth culture, closely associated with rap music and with the style and fashions of African-American inner-city residents.
- n. Rap music.
- adj. Of or characteristic of hip-hop culture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An Afro-American urban youth culture based on rap music, breakdancing etc
- n. rap (genre of music)
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- With hopping gait.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. genre of African-American music of the 1980s and 1990s in which rhyming lyrics are chanted to a musical accompaniment; several forms of rap have emerged
- n. an urban youth culture associated with rap music and the fashions of African-American residents of the inner city
Probably hip2 + hop1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)