from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, characterized by, or generating hallucinations, distortions of perception, altered states of awareness, and occasionally states resembling psychosis.
- n. A drug, such as LSD or mescaline, that produces such effects.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, containing, generating, or reminiscent of drug-induced hallucinations, distortions of perception, altered awareness etc.
- adj. Having bright colours, abstract shapes, etc. reminiscent of drug-induced hallucinations or distortions of perception.
- n. Any psychoactive substance (such as LSD or psilocybin) which, when consumed, causes perceptual changes (sometimes erratic and uncontrollable), visual hallucination, and altered awareness of the body and mind.
- interj. awesome, cool, groovy
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. producing distorted sensory perceptions and feelings or altered states of awareness or sometimes states resembling psychosis
- adj. having the vivid colors and bizarre patterns associated with psychedelic states
- adj. (of a mental state) characterized by intense and distorted perceptions and hallucinations and feelings of euphoria or sometimes despair
psyche + Greek dēloun, to make visible (from dēlos, clear, visible) + -ic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek ψυχή (psychê, "mind, soul") + δῆλος (dêlos, "manifest, visible") + -ic (Wiktionary)