from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Induced by oneself or itself: self-induced vomiting.
- adj. Electricity Produced by self-induction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Indicating that a condition was caused by the action of the person it inflicts.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of self-induce.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Induced or brought on by itself; specifically, in electricity, set up by the inductive action of a fluctuating current in the same circuit: as, a self-induced current.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. produced by electrical self-induction
- adj. brought about by yourself
Sorry, no etymologies found.