from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Produced from within; self-generating.
- adj. Medicine Originating with the individual to which applied: an autogenous graft; an autogenous vaccine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. produced independent from an external cause or influence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Self-generated; produced independently.
- adj. Developed from an independent center of ossification.
- adj. Autogenetic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as autogenous.
- Self-produced; self-generated; coming forth independently.
- Same as autogenic. Also autogeneous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. originating within the body
Sorry, no etymologies found.