from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to autogenesis.
- adj. Self-generated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to autogenesis; self-generated.
- adj. Pertaining to, controlled by, or designating, a system of self-determined drainage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Self-producing; pertaining to autogenesis.
- In physical geography, pertaining to a stream of which the course has not been determined by the slope of the original surface of the land.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to autogenesis
Sorry, no etymologies found.
How could we avoid drawing the inference, therefore, that disease-breeding germs, (generated in the organism and hence called "autogenetic"), and their auto-infection, _i. e.
Commonly the source of chronic gastro-intestinal uncleanliness, of dyspepsia, of autogenetic poisons and auto-infection is inflammatory occlusion -- more or less permanent or spasmodic -- of some part of the lower bowel.
By far the most common and immediate source of autogenetic
I have referred to the fact that the most common causes of constipation, indigestion and other foul conditions of the alimentary canal favorable to the production of autogenetic poisons and their auto-infection, are such common and every-day matters, so familiar to almost every one that the victim, the parents and the physician feel no alarm of the coming danger for years.
n. - spontaneous generation. autogenetic, adj. autognosis
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.