from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Releasing heat: an exothermic reaction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That releases energy in the form of heat.
- adj. That releases heat during its formation, and absorbs it during its decomposition
- adj. Of an animal whose body temperature is regulated by external factors; cold-blooded
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Characterized by, or formed with, evolution of heat; ; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to a liberation of heat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a chemical reaction or compound) occurring or formed with the liberation of heat
From exo- "outside" + thermic "of heat" (Wiktionary)