from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing avoidance of a thing, situation, or behavior by using an unpleasant or punishing stimulus, as in techniques of behavior modification.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Tending to repel, causing avoidance (of a situation, a behaviour, an item, etc),
- adj. Avoidance that can be taught through the use of stimulus that either punish or reinforces.
- n. A grammatical case indicating that something is avoided or feared; the evitative case.
- n. An unpleasant stimulus intended to induce a change in behaviour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of or pertaining to aversion.
- adj. exhibiting avoidance or causing avoidance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Averse; turning away.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. tending to repel or dissuade
Sorry, no etymologies found.