from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Used after a verb, as a predicate; contrasted with attributive.
- n. An element of the predicate of a sentence which supplements the subject or object by means of the verb. Predicatives may be nominal or adjectival.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Expressing affirmation or predication; affirming; predicating, .
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Predicating; affirming; asserting; expressing affirmation or predication: as, a predicative term.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of adjectives; relating to or occurring within the predicate of a sentence
predicate + -ive (Wiktionary)