from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One, such as a person or corporation, that makes or gives a promise, assurance, or pledge typically relating to quality, durability, or performance.
- n. One who makes or gives a guaranty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person, or company, that gives a guarantee.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes or gives a guaranty; a warrantor; a surety.
- n. One who engages to secure another in any right or possession.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes a guaranty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who provides a warrant or guarantee to another
Sorry, no etymologies found.