from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Giving or inclined to give generously.
- adj. Generously and copiously given. See Synonyms at liberal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Inclined to be generous.
- adj. Liberal or abundant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Liberal in charity; disposed to give freely; generously liberal; munificent; beneficent; free in bestowing gifts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of goodness to others; giving or disposed to give freely; free in bestowing gifts; bountiful; generously liberal.
- Characterized by or emanating from bounty; freely bestowed; liberal; plentiful; abundant.
- Synonyms Muniflcent, generous, beneficent, kind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. given or giving freely
Middle English bountevous, from Old French bontive, benevolent, from bonte, bounty; see bounty.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)