from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Giving freely and generously; liberal.
- adj. Marked by abundance; plentiful. See Synonyms at liberal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a quantity or amount that is generous or plentiful; ample.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Free in giving; liberal in bestowing gifts and favors.
- adj. Plentiful; abundant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Liberal in bestowing gifts, favors, or bounties; munificent; generous.
- Characterized by or manifesting bounty; abundant; liberal; ample: as, a, bountiful supply.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. given or giving freely
- adj. producing in abundance
Even more bountiful is the nopal cactus topped with bright pink and yellow blooms growing along the sides of the road and the prickly pear cactus whose fruit is used to make candy.
He kept sevenscore servants, and his twelve days 'feasts at Christmas recalled the bountiful celebrations of the "King of the Peak," Sir
Never had the corn-growers of England been so thoroughly protected, yet, owing to causes over which the legislators had no control, namely bountiful seasons, the prices of wheat for the next seventy years was from 15 to 20 per cent. cheaper than in the previous forty.
Then the vile person would be no more called bountiful, or the churl called liberal: flattery and cringing to the evil great would be at an end.
And they are the Virtues of this kind, namely a bountiful and charitable difpofition to -
Darby stares at Betty whom only three weeks earlier he had found "bountiful":
Barron's highlights that, though the Apple relationship may be nearing an end, investors may be overlooking other positives such as bountiful cash flow, 6. 3% dividend yield, other attractive Smartphones, and a solid management team.
"bountiful" wind, solar, geothermal and biofuels energy.
There, the spirit is rich and the gifts of its presence are bountiful.
After the war, hundreds of thousands of soldiers returned to farms, producing even more bountiful supplies of food.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.