from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Existing in great quantity or ample supply.
- adj. Providing or producing an abundance: a plentiful harvest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Existing in large number or ample amount.
- adj. Yielding abundance; fruitful.
- adj. lavish; profuse; prodigal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing plenty; copious; abundant; ample
- adj. Yielding abundance; prolific; fruitful.
- adj. Lavish; profuse; prodigal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Existing in great plenty; copious; abundant; ample.
- Yielding abundance; affording ample supply; fruitful.
- = Syn.1 and Profuse, luxuriant. Plentiful is essentially the same as plenteous. See comparison under ample.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. existing in great number or quantity
- adj. affording an abundant supply
- adj. producing in abundance
From plenty + -ful. (Wiktionary)