from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Existing in great quantity or ample supply.
- adj. Providing or producing an abundance: a plentiful harvest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Existing in large number or ample amount.
- adj. Yielding abundance; fruitful.
- adj. lavish; profuse; prodigal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing plenty; copious; abundant; ample
- adj. Yielding abundance; prolific; fruitful.
- adj. Lavish; profuse; prodigal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Existing in great plenty; copious; abundant; ample.
- Yielding abundance; affording ample supply; fruitful.
- = Syn.1 and Profuse, luxuriant. Plentiful is essentially the same as plenteous. See comparison under ample.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. existing in great number or quantity
- adj. affording an abundant supply
- adj. producing in abundance
"[D] oom and desperation are in plentiful supply from page one, and as the novel fades to black, the reader's left with a roster of sadder-but-wiser Americans to contemplate."
But while recruitment has risen and MBA graduates are in plentiful supply, half of the industry is struggling to find quality candidates with science, technology, engineering and maths skills.
Our daily lives are lived by faith that someone else has performed the necessary experiments to insure our cities are safe, our food in plentiful, and our medicine is reliable.
November 17th, 2009 at 7: 54 pm dp: Our daily lives are lived by faith that someone else has performed the necessary experiments to insure our cities are safe, our food in plentiful, and our medicine is reliable.
Labor is in plentiful supply, especially in the construction industries, and employing it will reduce the burden on the benefits system without placing upward pressure on wages.
Final game programs were in plentiful supply and selling briskly.
Although it was a much less popular war, photos of American dead were plentiful from the Korean War.
Let's just say they are in plentiful supply and some of them have webbed duck's feet.
Of course, there's always the sun which normally is in plentiful supply.
Reeks remain plentiful so those will be shipped as soon as possible.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.