from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a prince; royal.
- adj. Befitting a prince, as:
- adj. Noble: a princely bearing.
- adj. Munificent; lavish: inherited a princely sum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to a prince.
- adj. Befitting to a prince.
- adv. In the manner of a royal prince's conduct.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or relating to a prince; regal; royal; of highest rank or authority
- adj. Suitable for, or becoming to, a prince; grand; august; munificent; magnificent
- adv. In a princely manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or belonging to a prince; having the rank of a prince; regal.
- Resembling a prince; princelike; having the appearance or manner of one high-born; stately; magnanimous; noble.
- Befitting a prince; munificent; magnificent; regal: as, a princely gift; a princely banquet; a princely fortune.
- Synonyms August, imperial.
- In a princelike manner; royally.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. rich and superior in quality
- adj. having the rank of or befitting a prince
Sorry, no etymologies found.