from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a duke or duchy: a ducal estate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a duke, a duchess, or the duchy or dukedom they hold.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a duke.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a duke: as, a ducal coronet.
- In ornithology, a term applied to certain large terns of the subgenus Thalasseus, as Sterna(Thalasseus) cantiaca.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or belonging to or suitable for a duke
Middle English, from Old French, from Late Latin ducālis, from Latin dux, duc-, leader; see duke.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Old French ducal, from Latin ducālis. (Wiktionary)