from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or having to do with an archbishop or an archbishopric.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to an archbishop or an archbishopric
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to an archbishop.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to an archbishop or to his office: as, Canterbury is an archiepiscopal see.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or associated with an archbishop
Medieval Latin archiepiscopālis, from Late Latin archiepiscopus, archbishop; see archbishop.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)