from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the cheeks or the mouth cavity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the cheek or, more rarely, the mouth.
- adj. On the side facing the cheek.
- adj. Administered in the mouth, not by swallowing but by absorption through the skin of the cheek; often by placing between the top gum and the inside of the lip.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the mouth or cheeks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the bucca or cheek.
- Pertaining to the sides of the mouth, or to the mouth or mouth-parts as a whole; oral; maxillary.
- A branch of the inferior maxillary nerve supplying the integument and mucous membrane of the cheek.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or toward the cheek
- adj. lying within the mouth
- adj. oriented toward the inside of the cheek
From Latin bucca, cheek.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin bucca (“cheek; mouth”) + -al. (Wiktionary)