from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the zygomatic bone or the cheek.
- n. See zygomatic bone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to the cheek.
- n. The cheekbone, which forms a part of the lower edge of the orbit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the region of the cheek bone, or to the malar bone; jugal.
- n. The cheek bone, which forms a part of the lower edge of the orbit; that arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek; also called the malar bone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the cheek or cheek-bone.
- Of or pertaining to the zygoma; zygomatic; jugal: as, the malar arch.
- n. A membrane bone or splint-bone of the side of the head of higher vertebrates, entering into the composition of the zygoma or zygomatic arch, which connects the upper jaw or other part of the face with the squamosal or other parts about the ear; the jugal or jugal bone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek
A varity of rashes can be seen in lupus, but the most common is a red facial rash called malar or butterfly rash.
In the latter case the foremost upper molar is small; the fibula is distinct, and never united, except in some cases where it is attached to the extremity of the tibia; the zygomatic arch is formed chiefly by the malar, which is not supported beneath by a continuation of the zygomatic process of the maxillary; collar-bones perfect; upper lip cleft; the muffle small and naked; tail cylindrical and hairy (except in _Castoridae_).
It may primarily penetrate known in addicts who must sleep in textfield finasteride propecia or who docusate liquid devices, such as malar limbs, splints, and braces, which may machinery moisture against the skin.
The male has red only on the back of its head. the smaller downy woodpecker is black with a distinctive white patch in the middle of its back, white underparts, no white streaks on its crown, and its black malar and eye stripes don't merge.
Their evidentiary pièce de résistance is an 1870 portrait of Alcott that shows the characteristic malar, or butterfly, rash of lupus.
A malar festoon is a semicircle of swelling that looks like a puffy banner under the eye and upper cheekbone.
If the problem persists or seems to worsen, a dermatologist can determine if you have either fat herniations or malar festoons.
And I did have the malar rash, joint problems galore, etc, and neuro-psychiatric symptoms, a history of high SED rates,other blood test findings consistent with Lupus.
May 19th, 2010 at 3: 48 am hey malar shut y our mouth! you aint got no right to say that mutherfucker
The jaw-bone, in few cases, is completely dislocated, for the zygomatic process formed from the upper jaw-bone (malar?) and the bone behind the ear (temporal?) shuts up the heads of the under jaw, being above the one (condyloid process?), and below the other
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.