from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inspiring awe or admiration; majestic: the august presence of the monarch. See Synonyms at grand.
- adj. Venerable for reasons of age or high rank.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Noble, venerable, majestic, awe-inspiring, often of the highest social class (sometimes used ironically).
- adj. Of noble birth.
- v. To make ripe
- v. To bring to realisation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of a quality inspiring mingled admiration and reverence; having an aspect of solemn dignity or grandeur; sublime; majestic; having exalted birth, character, state, or authority.
- n. The eighth month of the year, containing thirty-one days.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inspiring reverence and admiration; majestic; solemnly grand or stately; sublime; magnificent; imposing.
- Venerable; worshipful; eminent. =
- To make brown or sunburnt. Evelyn.
- To ripen; bring to fruition.
- n. The eighth month of the year, containing thirty-one days, reckoned the first month of autumn in Great Britain, but the last of summer in the United States. See month.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or befitting a lord
- n. the month following July and preceding September
- adj. profoundly honored
Randy the recession started in august of 2007 and and Bush grew government by 35% you cant pin this, honestly on any one president.
I picked up a fawn in august that had died much earlier.
February 24, 2010 at 6: 49 PM htc desire, be here in august same specs as Nexus one.
Can´t wait for Cabals book which will be released in august ...
Wait till the Democrats get health care passed-and they will/must-and the climate bill passed and obama gets the soldiers home from iraq in august – our numbers will go back up!!
Q: i'm going to jamaica in august in the montego bay area and i want to fish out there anybody know if its worth it and where to go to do so
Aww i wanted Peter, Kellan, rob, kristen come to florida in august for my birthday
To my english ear it all sounds fine and authentic unlike the snow in august a few years ago (less said about taht the better …; -)
As you can see in august our user visited nearly18 times a month compared to 4. 2 at eharmony.
I saw this all the way back in august in NYC like John.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.