from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of gliding while maintaining altitude, especially the sport of flying a heavier-than-air craft by using ascending currents of air.
- adj. Ascending to a level markedly higher than the usual: soaring fuel costs; the soaring spires of the cathedral.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of soar. Mounting on the wing; rising aloft; towering in thought or mind.
- n. The act of mounting on the wing, or of towering in thought or mind; intellectual flight.
- adj. assurgent, ascending
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from soar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of imposing height; especially standing out above others
- n. the activity of flying a glider
- adj. ascending to a level markedly higher than the usual
Sorry, no etymologies found.