American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of feudalism.
- adj. Of or relating to lands held in fee or to the holding of such lands.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or in the nature of a feud or partizan conflict.
- Pertaining to feuds, fiefs, or fees; relating to or dependent upon the method of landholding called feud, fief, or fee: as, feudal tenure; feudal rights or services; a feudal lord or vassal.
- Pertaining to the state of society under this system of tenure; characteristic of the relations of lord and vassal.
- adj. of, or relating to feudalism
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to feuds, fiefs, or fees
- adj. Consisting of, or founded upon, feuds or fiefs; embracing tenures by military services.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of feudalism
- From Medieval Latin feudalis, from feudum. (Wiktionary)
“Although set in feudal Japan, both works contain some modern-day anachronisms.”
“First cattle referred to any wealth or property, then more specifically in feudal times it referred to “movable” wealth, which at the time was pretty much limited to livestock.”
“Hiro seemed to be in feudal Japan longer than the actual feudal era lasted in history.”
Writers’ Strike = Better TV? : SF Universe - SF Universe is your Science Fiction central. From SciFi television to movies to books and more. All the latest news, reviews and insights from SciFi experts.
“Absolutely right gentlemen - there were never any socialist parties in feudal societies.”
“HMMMMM seems to me its a modern interpretation NOT A ACTUAL REMAKE unless they're planning on putting American and European stars in feudal Japan.”
“What was West Side Story if not a "reimagining" of Romeo & Juliet or Akira Kurosawa's Throne of Blood as Macbeth set in feudal Japan?”
“Hiro is still stuck in feudal Japan; Peter still has amnesia (despite finally learning his true identity); Claire is still playing cheerleader; the south-of-the-border Wonder Twins are still short of arriving in America; Sylar is still a neutered threat; Suresh and Parkman are still playing "My Two Dads" with the last-minute child-hero from last season; Suresh is still doing nothing to take down The Company; Nikki is still ... well ...”
“I must be the only one, but I LOVED heroes last night!!! my favorite storyline is the hiro in feudal Japan.”
“Meanwhile, after landing in feudal Japan, Hiro (Masi Oka) meets his hero Takezo Kensei (David Anders).”
“That thread was the one I wanted to see the most of, and I think they did a nice job introducing the situation in feudal Japan (but how much does modern day Japanese and English sound like their counterparts from way back when?).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘feudal’.
Daily Vocab List
words I read but don't know
2007 Scripps National Spelling Bee Round 2
my favourite era
words related to the peerage; not limited to titles.
Based on a frequency analysis
Looking for tweets for feudal.