from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a monarch or monarchy.
- adj. Having sole or undivided authority.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a monarch or to monarchy; characteristic of or subject to a monarch; of the nature of monarchy: as, monarchical rule or methods; a monarchical country or government.
- Of or pertaining to government by a monarch.
- Regarding monarchy as the best form of government; adhering to the principles of monarchy. The name Monarchical party was often applied to the Federalists of the United States by their opponents.
- Also monarchial.
- Synonyms See prince and royal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. ruled by or having the supreme power resting with a monarch
- adj. having the characteristics of or befitting or worthy of a monarch
From monarch + -ical. (Wiktionary)