from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Governed by (or as if by) a matriarch
- adj. Governed by females, rather than by males.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a matriarch; governed by a matriarch or matriarchs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a matriarch or to matriarchy; relating to the superior importance of mothers (in certain respects, as the reckoning of descent) in a family, clan, or tribe; characterized by matriarchy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic of a matriarchy
Sorry, no etymologies found.