from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a constitution: a constitutional amendment.
- adj. Consistent with, sanctioned by, or permissible according to a constitution: a law that was declared constitutional by the court; the constitutional right of free speech.
- adj. Established by or operating under a constitution: a constitutional government.
- adj. Of or proceeding from the basic structure or nature of a person or thing; inherent: a constitutional inability to tell the truth.
- adj. Of or relating to one's physical makeup.
- n. A walk taken regularly for one's health.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to the constitution
- adj. Conforming to the constitution.
- n. A walk that is taken regularly for good health and wellbeing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to, or inherent in, the constitution, or in the structure of body or mind.
- adj. In accordance with, or authorized by, the constitution of a state or a society.
- adj. Regulated by, dependent on, or secured by, a constitution.
- adj. Relating to a constitution, or establishment form of government.
- adj. For the benefit or one's constitution or health.
- n. A walk or other exercise taken for one's health or constitution.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or inherent in the constitution (of a person or thing); springing from or due to the constitution or composition: as, a constitutional infirmity; constitutional ardor or apathy.
- Beneficial to, or designed to benefit, the physical constitution: as, a constitutional walk.
- Forming a part of, authorized by, or consistent with the constitution or fundamental organic law of a nation or state.
- Having the power of, or existing by virtue of and subject to, a constitution or fundamental organic law: as, a constitutional government.
- Relating to, concerned with, or arising from a constitution.
- A body of delegates meeting under authority of Congress to frame a constitution of government for a new State; or such a body convened by a State legislature, in the prescribed manner. to revise the existing constitution of the State.
- n. [Short for constitutional walk or exercise. See I., 2.] Exercise by walking, for the benefit of health.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. existing as an essential constituent or characteristic
- adj. of benefit to or intended to benefit your physical makeup
- adj. constitutional in the structure of something (especially your physical makeup)
- adj. sanctioned by or consistent with or operating under the law determining the fundamental political principles of a government
- n. a regular walk taken as a form of exercise
Sorry, no etymologies found.