American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Serving to refresh.
- adj. Pleasantly fresh and different: "common sense of a most refreshing sort” ( William Raspberry).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Refreshment; that which refreshes; relief after fatigue or suffering.
- Tending or serving to refresh; invigorating; reviving; reanimating: sometimes used with a humorous or sarcastic implication.
- adj. That refreshes someone; pleasantly fresh and different; granting vitality and energy.
- adj. Serving to refresh.
- n. The action of refresh; refreshment given or received.
- n. That which gives refreshment.
- v. present participle of refresh.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Reviving; reanimating.
- adj. pleasantly new or different
- adj. imparting vitality and energy
“Creating a whole book with lots of recipes for sorbets means that you run the risk of using the word "refreshing" too often, but this sorbet is truly the most refreshing of them all, so I saved that word to describe it.”
“On of the things that i find really refreshing is your concern for things like this and the fact that it never sounds like a sound bite.”
“The romance angle of every sibling story is carefully constructed scene by scene, motivations and attractions feel true and believable which again is refreshing from the fated mated approach used in too many paranormal romances.”
“How refreshing is that? on 07 Apr 2008 at 10: 04 am Kathleen Bolton”
“What's even more refreshing is that it appears that the majority of Americans are intelligent enough to see through all of the tactics that are being initiated by the Clinton camp.”
“Is this comment where I keep getting the word refreshing?”
“What I find really refreshing is Behe's unabased recognition of the problem of evil.”
“This is surprising, and quite refreshing from a Studio, especially considering how well the film is doing and how much it's taking at the box office.”
“One of the things I find refreshing is that this list does not just list widely accepted classics.”
“I still remember the basics and am more interested in refreshing at an "intermediate" or "advanced" level, if that makes sense.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘refreshing’.
A complete list of the green cards (adjectives) from the popular word game.
words I adore....
abandon,extreme e..., abash,to humiliate, abate,to lessen, abbreviate,to sho..., abridge, abdicate,to forma..., aberration,depart..., abnormality, abet,to encourage, abhor,to hate, abide,to follow o..., abject,utterly ho... and 2228 more...
alleviate,to lighten, altercation,a qua..., amicable,friendly, ambiguous,vague, put something to ..., unclear, adaptation,A comp..., albatross,a signi..., indifferent, cordial nature, to mitigate, affinity,a natura... and 2229 more...
abandon,extreme e..., dispensing of all..., abash,to humiliate, abate,to lessen, abbreviate,to sho..., abridge, abdicate,to forma..., aberration,depart..., abnormality, abet,to encourage, abhor,to hate, abide,to follow o... and 2229 more...
Looking for tweets for refreshing.