from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to restoration.
- adj. Tending or having the power to restore: a restorative tonic.
- n. Something that restores.
- n. A medicine or other agent that helps to restore health, strength, or consciousness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something believed to have restoring properties.
- n. An alcoholic drink, especially with tonic.
- adj. Serving to restore.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to restoration; having power to restore.
- n. Something which serves to restore; especially, a restorative medicine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to restoration; specifically, capable of restoring or renewing vitality or strength.
- n. That which is efficacious in restoring vigor; a food, cordial, or medicine which recruits the vital powers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. tending to impart new life and vigor to
- n. a medicine that strengthens and invigorates
- n. a device for treating injury or disease
- adj. promoting recuperation
Sorry, no etymologies found.