from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or containing herbs.
- n. A book about plants and herbs, especially those that are useful to humans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Made from or with herbs.
- adj. Made from natural herbs specifically as opposed to from synthetic materials.
- n. A manual of herbs and their medical uses
- n. An herbal supplement
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to herbs.
- n. A book containing the names and descriptions of plants.
- n. A collection of specimens of plants, dried and preserved; a hortus siccus; an herbarium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or consisting of herbs.
- n. A book in which plants are classified and described; a treatise on the kinds, qualities, uses, etc., of plants; a book of systematic and officinal botany.
- n. A herbarium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to herbs
- n. tea-like drink made of leaves of various herbs
Sorry, no etymologies found.