from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or containing herbs.
- n. A book about plants and herbs, especially those that are useful to humans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Made from or with herbs.
- adj. Made from natural herbs specifically as opposed to from synthetic materials.
- n. A manual of herbs and their medical uses
- n. An herbal supplement
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to herbs.
- n. A book containing the names and descriptions of plants.
- n. A collection of specimens of plants, dried and preserved; a hortus siccus; an herbarium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or consisting of herbs.
- n. A book in which plants are classified and described; a treatise on the kinds, qualities, uses, etc., of plants; a book of systematic and officinal botany.
- n. A herbarium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to herbs
- n. tea-like drink made of leaves of various herbs
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The herbal is rich in iodine compounds that stimulate thyroid gland functions.
The leaves and the roots have been used in herbal preparations to induce vomiting.
Get ready for the long winter dry, cold haul with simple knowledge on how to identify common wild plants that can be used in herbal remedies.
Some find benefit in herbal remedies, such as butterbur, which appears to be safe if taken for a short period to prevent migraines.
I t's been a pleasure guest-blogging at Is That Legal where the readers leave such thoughtful and interesting comments (unlike the readers of my personal blog, where I keep having to tell kitt3nxx that I'm simply not interested in herbal Viagra).
We have over thirty technologies in herbal medicine, hygiene, food production, irrigation, electric generation, and housing.
In the parlance of herbal medicine, the term herb applies to any plant or plant part that is used to make medicinal preparations.
In their recent studies on species of Sargassum that were traditionally used in Chinese herbal medicine for the treatment of cancer,
Aristolochic acid in Chinese herbal products associated with increased risk of urinary tract cancer
Other brews are usually referred to as herbal infusions or tisanes.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.