from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of preventing conception.
- n. A device, drug, or chemical agent that prevents conception.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That acts to prevent conception as a result of sexual intercourse.
- n. A mechanism or means by which conception as a result of sexual intercourse can be prevented or made less likely.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. capable of preventing conception or impregnation.
- n. a substance or device used to prevent conception.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an agent or device intended to prevent conception
- adj. capable of preventing conception or impregnation
Hell, one could make the argument that using a contraceptive is the same thing and just circumvent the whole fetus/life debate.
"The abortion industry ... has redefined the term contraceptive to include poisons ... that cause the early human being to die.
Santelli, who will present new research findings next week at a meeting of the Society for Adolescent Medicine, says his study — to be published later this year — shows a downturn in contraceptive use since 2003.
The DoH has said that if more women opted for longer term contraceptive options then the number of unwanted pregnancies could fall by 73,000.
But to suggest that the proof of rape can be contained within a contraceptive is simply ridiculous.
It is a huge misrepresentation to relabel contraceptive use as “birth control” with the intention of including abortions.
Critics argue that forcible sterilisation is too radical a procedure to be conducted without consent while other options such as a long-term contraceptive solution should be considered.
Critics argue that sterilisation is too radical a procedure to be conducted without consent while other options such as a long-term contraceptive solution should be considered.
The plan will involve aggressive use of long-term contraceptive measures.
Good, long term contraceptive advice would have prevented all of that and a fraction of what it now costs to maintain her and the children might have been used to turn her life around through education or work experience.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.