from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Within or administered into a vein.
- n. A drug, nutrient solution, or other substance administered into a vein.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Inside the veins.
- n. A dose of medicine administered from a drip, down through a hollow needle inserted into a patient's vein.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Within the veins.
- adj. Administered by injection into a vein.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Situated or occurring within veins.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. within or by means of a vein
From intra- + venous. (Wiktionary)