from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Located on or over the dura mater.
- n. An injection into the epidural space of the spine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Situated on or outside the dura mater.
- n. An injection of anaesthetic into the epidural space of the spine, especially associated with pain relief during childbirth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Situated upon the dura mater: as, the epidural space, an interval between the periosteum which lines the spinal canal and the dura mater of the spinal cord.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. on or outside the dura mater
- n. regional anesthesia resulting from injection of an anesthetic into the epidural space of the spinal cord; sensation is lost in the abdominal and genital and pelvic areas; used in childbirth and gynecological surgery
From epi- + dura (mater) + -al. (Wiktionary)