from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or process of transferring someone or something to another, of sending by reference, or referring.
- n. A document used by schools detailing some form of a student's misbehavior and listing the actions taken before and after the student's receipt of the referral.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a recommendation to consult the (professional) person or group to whom one has been referred
- n. a person whose case has been referred to a specialist or professional group
- n. the act of referring (as forwarding an applicant for employment or referring a matter to an appropriate agency)
refer + -al (Wiktionary)