from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Existing or carried on within the bounds of an institution, especially a school: intramural athletics.
- adj. Anatomy Occurring or situated within the wall of a cavity or organ.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Within the walls; within one institution, particularly a school.
- adj. Within the substance of the walls of an organ.
- n. A (usually sports) competition between teams belonging to the same school.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being within the walls, as of a city.
- adj. Of or pertaining to those activities occurring within a single institution or organization, .
- adj. Being within the substance of the walls of an organ.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Being within the walls or boundaries, as of a city or building: as, intramural interment is now prohibited in many cities.
- In anatomy and medicine, situated in the substance of the walls of a tubular or other hollow organ, as the intestine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. carried on within the bounds of an institution or community
From Latin intramuralis, from prefix intra-, within, + murus, wall, + adjective suffix -alis (Wiktionary)